Treasures of Spain, Portugal & Morocco - Small Group, Preview 2022
Treasures Of Spain, Portugal & Morocco – Small Group, 2022
A kaleidoscopic adventure that takes you from some of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities, to an exotic and vivid land of medinas and minarets.
- Lisbon: Delight in a taste of the famous Portuguese delicacy, Pastéis de Belém.
- Madrid: Join your Travel Director at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant and get to know your fellow travellers over a beautiful evening of delicious food and wine.
- Alfarnatejo: Hear the stories of local life as you are invited into the home of a local family to join them for a freshly prepared, traditional lunch, with wine.
- Alfarnatejo: Taste a selection of freshly pressed olive oils with locally made farmer bread when you stop at Almazara, the oldest olive grove in the region.
- Madrid: With good food and wine, toast the culmination of your travels during a fabulous Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 16 Breakfasts (B), 4 Dinners (D), 2 Dinners with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Seville: Choose between a visit to the cathedral and a walk through the old Jewish quarter with a Local Expert or alternatively, join a panoramic tour of the city and stop for a refreshing beverage.
- Madrid: Witness the world’s finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an art historian.
- Granada: Visit the famous Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens. While others wait in line, you’ll be exploring alongside a fascinating Local Expert keen to share insights into this Moorish landmark.
Make Travel Matter
- Seville: The Cristina Heeren Foundation aims to promote the teaching and conservation of flamenco and is a beneficiary of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Meet the students of the foundation, learn some basic flamenco steps, and then feel the passion as the students perform an emotional show.The Cristina Heeren Foundation advances SDG 4: Quality Education. The school enables students access to cultural education that otherwise may not have occurred. TreadRights sponsorship has helped students to complete their studies in advanced guitar, singing and dance. The Foundation also advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. As students complete their training, they will carry on and safeguard the traditional flamenco dance, contributing to the protection of Andalusia and Spain’s cultural heritage.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Take in the ever changing scenery of south-west Europe and northern Africa as you pass the Estrela Mountains, the Middle Atlas Mountains, the High Atlas Mountains, and continue along Costa del Sol, through the Provence of Malaga, across Sierra Nevada and the La Mancha region.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Expert. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the fountain in the Plaza de Cibeles, the Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace, before crossing the Puerta del Sol.
- Avila: Walk within the ancient walls of this unique town.
- Salamanca: See the golden stone buildings and handsome arcades of Plaza Mayor for which this city is famous for.
- Fatima: Join the faithful at one of the world’s holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions or see the basilica.
- Lisbon: Visit Jerónimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture, reflecting Portugal’s trade over the centuries and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Gibraltar: Set sail across the straits of Gibraltar and cruise to Tangier.
- Tangier: Your Local Expert will show you the sights of Morocco’s great port. See the Sultan’s Palace and visit the Casbah.
- Rabat: See the Royal Palace and Hassan Tower.
- Casablanca: Explore this coastal city, made famous the classic film. Your Local Expert will show you the largest mosque in the country, Hassan II Mosque and the Corniche, lined with trendy restaurants and cafes.
- Marrakesh: Built around a lovely inner-garden, explore the Bahia Palace with a Local Expert and see glimpses of a Moroccan kingdom’s former opulence.
- Fes: Led by your Local Expert, wander the maze of streets that make up the ancient Medina. Pass one of the world’s oldest university’s and see the hidden courtyards, mosques and workshop and continue through the souks, an array of vendors selling food, clothes, leather goods and beautiful lights.
- Alfarnatejo: Visit the beautiful, quiet town and walk the town centre to see the 18th century Iglesia del Santo Cristo de Cabrilla.
- Granada: Explore ‘The City of the Pomegranate’ with a Local Expert. During sightseeing you’ll see the icons dedicated to this fruit throughout the city.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flig…
Welcome to Madrid
Prado Museum and on to Golden Salamanca
Holy Fátima and Lisbon
Lisbon and the Age of the Great Discoveries
To Seville, the City of Carmen
Free Time and Flamenco in Seville
The Straits of Gibraltar to Tangier
Rabat and Casablanca
Marrakesh, Pearl of the South
The Ancient Imperial City of Fes
Free time in Fes
On to the Costa del Sol
At Leisure on the Costa del Sol
Dining with Locals and the Alhambra Palace
To Madrid in search of Don Quixote